Saturday, May 28, 2011

My First Sale On Etsy! Woo Hoo! And A Question



Wow, very excited to have my first sale on Etsy. I sold my little bird from the previous post. Bye bye birdie...I'll miss you. :) Thank you Debbie in Tennessee for being my first Etsy customer! I have just started putting things in the shop one at a time and will have to get busy so it doesn't look bare! I have to say that I think Etsy is going to be much better for me than eBay. I like the "circles" of friends and how we can promote each others shops. My friend Lynn even put my art on her Facebook page. Thank you Lynn!!!! I definitely have to learn how to utilize Facebook better because it obviously will be a great tool.

Question for all you wonderful artistic blogging friends out there...Do you think it's distracting to sell both supplies and finshed art in the same Etsy shop? Does it feel distracting or tacky to you? Or convenient? Just something I've been pondering as I'm putting together many destash kits!

I hope you all are having a great Memorial Day weekend! I will be creating and yes, still sorting through stuff. Forever and ever and ever........ I think! Sigh! :) Nan


Oh..my shop name is The Curious Little Door ......it will have more stuff soon...promise!

3 comments:

AJ Blanton said...

I wish I could help. I just started on Etsy. Havent had any sales yet and am still learning the ropes. Congrats on your first sale. :)
AJ

Zoechaos said...

Congratulations Nan. I've been toying of the idea of starting a etsy shop but am not sure where to begin. Admiration to you for going for it and no surprise your beautiful little bird sold. XOXO Zoe

Terry said...

Congratulations on your first sale. I know Debbie will just love her little birdie! Blogger is still at it with the comments and now many people don't have their followers showing up on their blog. I don't think it is tacky at all to sell supplies, because some people may have a difficult time finding items! Have a great weekend!