Monday, July 5, 2010

The Mad Hatter's Other Hat


Gingersnap Creations is having a Once In A Blue Moon challenge this week. I'm guessing this is because there is an extra Wednesday in the month and they do something different and fun. This was a CASE...copy and steal everything... challenge. We picked our favorite design from one of the GS designers and copied it. This was a really a fun challenge for me. I loved Lynn Steven's Mad Hatter card the moment I saw it and instantly knew it was what I wanted to do. I took her idea and decided to make it very bright but with the high contrast I loved in her piece which you can see here. This is the Mad Hatter's Other Hat which he keeps in the closet for those very special occasions.


I also used this for Mixed Media Monday because their challenge is Something Borrowed and I not only borrowed this theme from Lynn but I borrowed the skyline stamp from Isabelle and the idea to use it on MMM from Willie. Thanks! :) I have missed doing MMM a lot and will be doing many more of the weekly themes there!


Sorry for the crookedy photo but it's night as usual and I'll put a better one up tomorrow if we have a sunny day and then this sentence will magically disappear. :) Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, Nan - I love this! I am sure the Mad Hatter would too! Diane

DMG said...

ANYthing about the Mad Hatter is divine, as far as I'm concerned, but this hat is especially great. I love all the elements you used in this collage, but the colors particularly speak to me.

Rosie said...

Fab colours and that skyline stamp is so cool!!

Willy said...

Nan, your creation is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and a wonderful take on Lynn's card! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creation CASE a Ginger Challenge!

Zuzu's Blog said...

nice job. i wouldnt mind that hat myself.

indybev said...

Popping crisp colors make this one very special, Nan. Nice work!

Yvonne said...

Fabulous creation, Nan!

Martina said...

Truly stunning, Nan! Love your creation & thanks for the kind comment on my blog!

Lucy Edson said...

I love the bright color combo and the little stamped houses! Such a fun and whimsical collage - completely suited for the Mad Hatter! :)

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, this is fantastic...I just love it...You're so talented...I just became a follower too!
HUGS,
Cindy

My Creative House said...

Nan this is a very beautiful card, love the Mad Hatter, great stamp you used.
Anni

Amy said...

such cute and super sweet details on the hat. i adore the clock with wings

Lynn Stevens said...

Awe Nan. I Loved that you cased me!!! no one ever does and I adore what you did with the Mad Hatter! How fun and colorful!

PetraB said...

What an awesome piece, the Mad Hatter is great.