Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Green Tea...Shaken Not Stirred

Is it just me or is the world getting dumbed down??? I was recently gifted with a Starbucks gift card. Thanks Gail (waving !!!) and decided that even though I don't drink coffee they must have some incredible tea, right? I love tea and although I do seriously love sweet tea I am open minded to more exotic teas. :) Anyway I went into the church of coffee today and saw Shaken Tea on the menu. I'm thinking this must be some awesome creation and waited in great anticipation. I asked the guy "So, Starbucks guy, what is this amazing Shaken Tea?" And he says in all seriousness as only a supreme Starbucks barista can "It's concentrated tea, we add water and ice and then we SHAKE it..!" Ok you can figure the rest from there. I will only say that I waited til I got outside to start giggling and that mood carried on thru the rest of the day. And feeling giggly all day, that's a good thing. Oh and the tea was good.......


My painting class with Wyanne is still a WIP which I am enjoying. She asked us to relax and do something nice for ourselves before our next assignment and I decided to make a Valentine necklace. So here it is.

10 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Very special tea then Shaken and not stirred? Did the starbuks guy have a scottish accent? LOL

Smashing pendant he looks like a charming guy. XOXO Zoe

Lynn Stevens said...

hahaha, You think they could have come up with a more original name but then I suppose it would be false advertising! LOL. At least it was good and made for a cheerful day
Great little charm you made there Nan!
hugs Lynn

Sue said...

What a beautiful necklace Nan, so glad you enjoyed your tea lol x

Meggymay said...

Its a super necklace, he looks very handsome

Terry said...

Hi Nan! That is a nice necklace and I hope you are wearing it! Love the image!! I did like your "dumbed down" assessment of the world! Have a great day!

TwoHeartsPath said...

Nan...that is too funny!!! I love tea also...have you ever tried Teavana teas?? They are pricey, but you don't use much for hot tea...they have a white chai that is spicey...and very good this time of year!!! It doesn't require any shaking to my knowledge, so even novices like you and I can brew our own!!! HA!!!!
Love your WIP~~~ Too

Hugs and Have a Great Upcoming Weekend and Valentine's Day!!
Patti

Netty said...

Great story on the tea Nan...lol and so loving your charm, its beautiful. Annette x

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh I love the necklace! Shaken tea???? Is that supposed to be something like a martini where they shake it or whatever? You can tell I've never had a martini!

Art From Chaos said...

love this! the background text is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love green tea lol. Love this pendant its fab.
Have a super weekend
take care for now
June x