Thursday, September 16, 2010

CC#14 The Man On The Stairs




This is my tag for the Compendium Of Curiosities challenge at Linda's StudioL3 blog. I got inspired a little late this week but just had one of those ah ha moments, you know, when your creative side wakes up and says that's it...that's what I want to make. I used a TH Mask and made a mask from an old Nosferatu movie poster image. It seems as though Halloween is inspiring a lot of us creative types early this year, doesn't it? Bwahahaha! I used Fired Brick, Barn Door and Black Soot. The stamp is from the TH Halloween set. The rest of course is top secret and you must have the book! The little verbiage around the tag is from a creepy little poem I heard one time. I had to look it up to find out it origin. It's called "The Little Man Who Wasn't There" by Hughes Mearns. He wrote it for an English class at Harvard University about 1899. I was surprised it was so old. A little creepy, huh? But come on now....don't we all love a a bit of a fright now and then?

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn’t see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door... (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away


Hope you are all well and creatively happy! I'm off to see what everyone came up with :) Nan

19 comments:

Yelowflower said...

oohhh... scary!!! love it!

Shelann said...

Cool, spooky image. Is that revese masking? Love the color combo too, it looks like a mystery novel cover.

Terry said...

I think I like creating Halloween cards/tags the most!!! Love that creepy man on the stairs! Awesome!!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

just awesome!

Netty said...

Oh Nan this is deliciously spooky and fits so well with the verse below, a brilliant piece. Annette x

Meggymay said...

Its a real spooky poem, your tag is brilliant, they go well together. xx

Gayle Price said...

Hi Nan thanks for your comments on the dresses and thanks for ....... just sharing, I'm with you.

Gayle Price said...

Oh and love the poem and resulting tag.I think "art" is so much more meaningful when it can be related to something else that has "a point".and it's not just "a technique", getting a bit too D and M now so must stop.

MarleneMAZ said...

I love this! it is so out there in it's spookiness, just fabulous!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Oh. How. COOL!!! Nan, this is fantastic! The masked fence is great, and the Nosferatu image absolutely rocks. The poem is AWESOME-- perfectly creepy, and just right for this wonderful tag. Great fringe at the bottom, and the colors are fabulous!

I LOVE IT! You are one clever creatrix!

Sue West said...

This is just a fabulous tag. So spooky!! I can remember reading that poem as a child and being scared to death. Brilliant for Halloween.
Sue xx

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhhhh totally creeepy fun I LOVE IT!!!!!!

minnie_mac said...

Brilliant idea. Great colours and design. Very creepy !

Marilyn

Jean Franks Beck said...

Adore the tag, and that poem is fabulous! Thanks for sharing both!

Unknown said...

I love the old dracular shape you have used and the poem is really good as is your tag

Love Dawn xx

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Nan,
I just came over to say hi and hope you're doing well!! I've been thinking about you and wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
xox

Gaby Bee said...

Very creepy! Love the poem!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Marfi-topia said...

this is so amazing i love it!!!!! and the poem too, i have that somewhere around here...great great job!

Anonymous said...

Ohh wow thats a stunner of a tag and love the colouring and the rhyme. fabulous.
Also Nan, I popped over to let you know I have a card making/papercrafts challenge just begun on my blog. There is a prize for every single entry so thought you might like to join in,i hope you will
have a lovely week