Sunday, August 8, 2010

Creative Spirit Monthly Challenge & Dezinaworld



Sweet Cindy is having a new monthly challenge called Creative Spirit . As she puts it "Whatever celebrates the creative spirit in each one of us! Please post something on your blog, whether it is artwork, photography, a recipe--whatever it is that exemplifies your creative spirit!"
For me the main thing that makes me feel the most creative would be finding old things and doing something artsy with them. (I think the latest term is upcycling) A close second would be color. I'm always inspired by color when I'm out and about. Shouting at Mr. S to pull over to take a picture NOW or pulling over myself and circling back to take a picture of that perfect color on a sign or house...whatever it may be. So that will be what I show you...mostly old stuff fluffled up a bit.
This time it is a plate I made for my old altered art group...now defunct...sigh...it was a rare flower in our rural community and I miss it horribly but thankfully I have all of you wonderful creative ladies in blogland to play with! Can't wait to see what you all put up for show!
I am also entering this in Dezinaworld's Spot Prize challenge for fairies because it is my favorite fairy piece i have done and I am having to combine a few challenges to be able to play. I have limited studio time until after the first week in September.


13 comments:

cheryl said...

oh this really is just so beautiful and that little girl is just adorable wonderful piece of art work,I came over from the creative spirit party hugs cheryl xxxx

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Hi Nan~ this is just beautiful, so creative! I love using found items for art, too! Hopped over from the Creative Spirit party!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Nan, this is exquisite!!! I love it! So vintage and dreamy...that's become such a favorite of mine and I'm so happy to see that so many others love it too...

I love to see your Creative Spirit and so glad you joined in the fun--how neat is this? I'm so excited with everyone's projects.

This piece of yours is a true treasure!

And yesterday I got dowels to make the closet...I got paper for the background and I saved a cigar box..lol We think alike!!!!

Love and hugs,
Cindy

Terry said...

What an adorable plate! Love your upcycled beauty! Is this a fun challenge or what? Have a nice evening!

Chris Arlington said...

Nan, it's so nice to meet you through blogland. This plate is beautiful! I'll be back (as they say somewhere)

Victorian1885 said...

What a beayutiful creation! So pretty and romantic looking..love it!..


Wanda

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

Really enjoyed the little dress. Very unique.

Netty said...

Oh wow how delicious this is, just beautiful, love it. Annette x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous plate, I love vintage

Anonymous said...

This piece is spectacular! You are one talented lady! WOW!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Adorable! Lynne M

Karen said...

OMG Nan! This is beautiful! Love that you used an old vintage plate. I never would've thought of that.
I wish we had some sort of a club like that too, but . . . you are right. At least we have Blogland!
Thanks for sharing!
Karen ~ Some days are diamonds

Anonymous said...

Oh Nan, this is exquisite. what an absolutely gorgeous altered project. I love that gorgeous little girl and I adore the lace and love you put into this. The verse is so beautiful too. I truly adore this so much.
Thanks for entering Dezinaworld 'spot prize' challenge too
hugs June xxxx